The evolving impact of COVID-19
Mercury is closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 situation and the impact this will have across supply chains.
While the extent and timing of the impact of this crisis is uncertain, Mercury has undertaken a review of activities across all business units in order to put in place appropriate mitigation strategies to ensure continuation of service to customers.
Mercury appreciates its position as a key logistics partner to your business. Our priority is to protect the safety of our workforce and in turn, maintain an ongoing, reliable and timely service to all customers across our national footprint.
In addition to putting in place recommended precautions around hygiene and other health practices, Mercury has implemented the following preventative measures to protect our people and continue to service your business:
- Contact free deliveries, with recipient identification as proof of delivery
- Reducing face-to-face meetings with both internal and external parties
- Limiting and controlling access to all Mercury facilities and strict visitor induction protocols
- Segregation between staff where possible in line with social distancing guidelines and remote working
- Working in dedicated teams and controlling the use of site facilities
- Where possible, splitting workforces across shifts or across different physical locations to avoid cross-infection
- Redundancy plans are in place for key operational roles
- Access to deep cleaning and sanitation services if the need arises
- Proactively engaging with our on-site labour supply partners
- Restrictions on travel in line with Government updates and associated quarantine and isolation measures.
Clear and transparent communication is key during times of uncertainty like those we are currently experiencing.
Mercury recognises each customer will have its own set of circumstances and requirements for working through this situation and that these may change as we move forward. We ask that you maintain contact with your Mercury representative if this is the case so we can work proactively with you to ensure a positive outcome.
We also ask that you understand this is an unpredictable and unprecedented event and there may be occasions where there are disruptions to services outside of Mercury’s control, for example, as a result of Government advice or regulation.
We are closely monitoring the situation and will continue to provide updates as we have information to share.
We thank you for working with us while we work through this situation together.
For updates please see our website at www.mercuryonline.com.au
Stay well and safe